Brits use Mobile to Research Holidays
Christmas is now a distant memory and January is nearly over so I trust many people like me are looking to start planning their summer holiday. According to a Tealeaf report 'The ebooker: understanding how travel customers use the web’, 17% of UK consumers have used a mobile to research holidays in the last 12 months.
The survey comprised of 2,000 UK adults online and of the 2,000 respondents, 45% said they owned a mobile device that enables them to browse the internet.
In the past 12 months:
- 17% have researched a holiday on a mobile app or mobile website
- 36% of Brits online have used two or more channels when researching a holiday
- 63% that have researched a holiday on a mobile device then booked online using a desktop or laptop computer
- 3% have booked their holiday on mobile
The Tealeaf report also finds that people are using their mobiles for local research when on holiday and downloading apps for information:
- 12% have used translation apps
- 19% have downloaded weather apps
- 11% have tourist / city guide apps
There are currently no comments on this post - be the first to comment using the form below.