You are here: Home
> Father’s Day online spending increases
Father’s Day online spending increases
According to the National Retail Federation (NRF) Father's Day spending survey 2012 conducted by BIGinsight, the average person will spend $117.14 on Father’s day gifts this year. This is an increase of 10% from last year and nearing this year’s Mother’s Day spending figures. Nearly 3 in 10 will shop online to make a Father’s Day purchase – a 6% increase on last year.
- Over a tenth (13.7%) of Smartphone owners will purchase a Father’s Day gift from their Smartphone
- Over a quarter (26.7%) will research gift ideas and compare prices from their smartphone
- Around one in ten (11.3%) will use an app to research Father’s Day gifts or make a purchase
- Nearly a fifth (18.9%) will look up store hours and location information
- Over a quarter (25.2%) of tablet owners will use their tablet to purchase a Father’s Day gift
- Over half (54.6%) of tablet owners will research products, compare prices, find retailer information and redeem coupons from their tablet
Will you be doing any of the above for Father's Day?
There are currently no comments on this post - be the first to comment using the form below.